cupsdAuthorize: No authentication data provided- error_log

Chris Hasler chrishasler at alliantenergy.com
Tue Feb 8 16:12:12 PST 2011

Hi Byran,

Thanks for your reply. I have LogLevel debug in the cupsd.conf. I know I can change the LogLevel but I would like to "fix" the issues that is producing these messages.  That way I can still use the log to troubleshoot other issues without having to filter throught the "crap" messages.

I now tried stopping cups then backing up then clearing the the /var/cache/cups/job.cache file then restarting cups on both the 1.3.7 and 1.4.6 cups servers still get the messages. I've also stopped cups and cleared all the control and job files in /var/spool/cups but still the messages keep rolling into the log.

This is getting annoying.

Chris H.