[cups.general] "Share this printer" not checked

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Feb 9 09:26:34 PST 2011

Yeah, you can edit the HTML template to do what you want; in this case you probably want to just remove the "{PRINTER_IS_SHARED=1?CHECKED:}" entirely since you've effectively reversed the logic.

The long-term solution being tracked for CUPS 1.5 will be for the Add Printer UI to look for the DefaultShared value in the cupsd.conf file and use it instead of the current heuristic (local USB printers shared by default, network printers not...)