SSL produces intermittent printer outage

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri Feb 11 14:31:07 PST 2011

All the apps are running elsewhere.  The print server only handles printing.  All the client.conf files are set to:

ServerName print01.pacifera.com:931
Encryption Always

I see nothing at all in error_log at that time.  Occasionally, I see:
SSL shutdown failed: Error in the push function.

But not when we are having the problem.  Am I looking at the wrong log? I don't see anything pertinent in access_log either.  Thanks - John