Modifying print header

Andy andy.kannberg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 08:01:51 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm new to the list, and new to printing and CUPS.
Now, I run into the following problem:

At the company I work, they use the Canon Uniflow system. This means, for the Windows platform, I can submit my printjob to a default queue, and print it at any printer where I login with my windows account.

Ofcourse, I want to have to functionality in linux too. So, I've setup CUPS to print to that queue. I can submit the job, and the job is sent to the printerserver. But the job does not appear in the queue.

It appears that the userid and the IP address from the linux client is sent along with the print job, and that is where things go wrong. It should only be the userid. So I should get rid of the IP address.

So I tried to figure out where I can do that, so far, I cannot get a grip on that. So if anyone is willing to point me in the right direction, would be appreciated a lot ! (I've checked the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, but couldn't figure where I would change this)

TIA,
Andy