Setup CUPS-1.4.6 in Solaris 10?

dickson iswslui at ust.hk
Thu Feb 17 02:19:39 PST 2011

recap my current printing problem in a dot matrix printer:

case 1. print a pdf (without embedded Chinese font), fails and no print out.
case 2. print a pdf (with embedded Chinese font), can print it out.
case 3. print a plain text (UTF-8 Chinese characters), only print out strange character in the printout.

(About the details and logging, please view my previous message)

I need to fix the problem in Case 1 first and then go on to solve the problem in Case 3. Thanks anyone's help in advance.