CUPS and IPPrinters

Damadomu damadomu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 01:18:17 PST 2011

Hi all,
first of all, sorry for my English.

My problem:
I have two IPprinters connected to the LAN (192.168.1.100, 192.168.1.101, both with netmask 255.255.255.0) and I need to manage them via CUPS (using a Linux box, perhaps "Fedora 14" or "openSuSE 11.3") to catch their errors and empty the corresponding queue if needed.

Does anybody have an idea on how to do this?
I can change the IP of the printers and, if necessary, create a multi-IP Linux box, so the print requests can be intercepted by CUPS... and then?

This is for me a very big problem.

Please help me!

Thnx in advance for your responses.

Ciao, Damadomu (from Italy)