howto pass username/password to Kyocera TASKalfa network printer

Roomer lavafire at gmx.de
Tue Feb 22 00:23:25 PST 2011

Hi

I have a working cups server and a working network printer.
The network printer requires a userid if you want to print a job.
If i send a job via cups, the printer says (in his built in display)invalid userID and is waiting for a manual input. The printer also schows that there is no userID at all transmitted.

I tried to provide the userID in the URI socket://userid@ip. => fail
Then i found the auth-info-required attribute and added it to the printer config as followed: Attribute auth-info-required username.

I was digging around in the manual and in the forums but could not really find an answer there.

What am i missing ?
Where am i wrong ?

Can anybody tell me how to provide the password ?

Thanks,
Roomer