cannot read data send by server

Patrice toussaint15 at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 3 23:50:34 PST 2011

Hello

i am trying to read the data send by the printer to the server through the network by using httpRead and ippRead functions. my code is as follow:

void read_file()
{
   http_t *http = httpConnect("254.123.27.2", 631); //connect to server
   ipp_t *ipp = ippNew();
   ipp_state_t status;

   while ((status = ippRead(http, ipp)) != IPP_ERROR)
   if (status == IPP_DATA)
   break;
   if (status == IPP_DATA)
   {
      cout <<"Data to be read"<<endl;
      //data will be read here using httpRead
   }
}

my problem is that the i do not get to the second if statement. what could possibly be the problem.
I am using cups with Qt4 library so there is a Qt4 signal that checks if there is a data pending on the server and the data will be read using httpRead/ippRead