[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3793: /usr/share/cups/profile/ is not a standard search path for profiles on Linux

Peter Linnell plinnell at scribus.info
Fri Feb 11 08:46:50 PST 2011

[STR New]

In discussion of the new color management capabilities of CUPS on openICC,
Till outlined the basics of its implementation. Terrfic.

However, we (most of the developers of color managed aware apps on Linux),
worked hard to define a set of default search paths on Linux/*BSD as
outlined here:
http://www.oyranos.com/wiki/index.php?title=OpenIccDirectoryProposal

Both Kai-Uwe Behrmann and I have packaged a number of ICC profiles for rpm
distros which install these as system-wide profiles. The debian packager of
icc profiles also honors these defaults.

Till asked me on the list to file that and ask that the paths be added.

Thanks.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3793
Version: 1.4-current