[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3795: MaxJobs does not limit max number of job data files

Marc Schütz schuetzm at gmx.net
Tue Feb 15 06:16:01 PST 2011

[STR New]

I have the following settings in my cupsd.conf:

PreserveJobHistory Yes
PreserveJobFiles Yes
MaxJobs 50

The number of jobs in /var/spool/cups (i.e. c* files) is indeed limited to
50, but surprisingly, the number of data files (d*) is not. IMO, these
should be automatically purged too, the same as c* files.

If the current behaviour is indeed intended, there should at least be a
big warning in the documentation section on MaxJobs.

Anyway, there should be a way to automatically purge data files, either by
reusing MaxJobs (probably preferable), or by introducing a new options,
e.g. MaxJobFiles.

(using openSuSE 11.3)

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3795
Version: 1.4.4