[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3807: bug in appsocket jetdirect?

ralph shiba.inu at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 28 16:55:43 PST 2011

[STR New]

appsocket jetdirect

Postby shibainucan on Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:52 pm
I have a Linksys print server PSUS4 connected to HP Laserjet 1200. I am
using LInux Mint KDE 10 Amd64.

For years I installed the printer as a network printer using the appsocket
jetdirect protocol. Now with mint 10 kde, it wont work. I notice the
version of cups has changed to cups 1.4.4. Somehow I cannot connect using
what I've always used (appsocket jetdirect). I used another protocol
(lpd). The printer worked but it is very slow now. I also tried ipp
protocol and it was very very slow also.

I wish that I could just use appsocket jetdirect but the printer just
won't work with that protocol. Is there a bug or something?

shibainucan
    Level 1
    Level 1

    Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:52 pm