Brother 5250DB

stefano stefano.malini at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 00:45:15 PST 2011

hi,

i have a network printer like in subject. its ip address is 192.168.5.200.

i had some problems with duplex-mode printing so i delete it and i'm trying to reconfigure the printer on my pc with cups.

the steps

1. Add printer

The possible choices

Local Printers: 	        SCSI Printer
Discovered Network Printers: 	Brother HL-5250DN series (Brother HP LaserJet 4050 Series)
Other Network Printers: 	AppSocket/HP JetDirect
Internet Printing Protocol (ipp)
LPD/LPR Host or Printer
Internet Printing Protocol (http)

It has discovered Brother HL-5250DN series (i don't know why it adds also Brother HP LaserJet 4050 Series. If continue next page is

2.

Name:
Location:
Connection: 	lpd://BRN_057954/BINARY_P1
Sharing: 	Share This Printer

I share the printer and give Bureau as Name.

3.

I provide PPD fle Brother-HL-5250DN-Postscript.ppd

4.

I set default options

At the end if i try to print a test page "State" is stopped.

Why?

Thank you very much