add printer hangs with looking for printers

Mike Nurmi nurmimv at snapon.com
Wed Jan 12 08:37:56 PST 2011

I just compiled cups 1.4.4 on Solaris 10 u8

It all looks good but when i use the web interface to add a printer  it hangs with a spinner and says looking for printers...

If i go to the printers page it shows all my printers on a cups 1.3.8 server i have.
the server with 1.3.8 is under lease and i need to move off of it. I really wanted to get up to a newer version and am having this issue.
I looked at the log files and it is not giving me any useful information.
I did see this issue in your bugs section but did not see a solution for it.

please help.

thank you