[cups.general] cups auth problem with ldap group

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Jan 12 13:18:58 PST 2011

For case 4, you need to either use "Require group ldapgroup" or "Require user @ldapgroup". That said, if there is a local group with the same name we'll probably only see the local group. There is a bug for this already however it is unlikely to be fixed in the near term since it incurs a huge performance hit…

http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2967