PDF - different position on page with CUPS than in Windows

Benedikt carda at two-wings.net
Thu Jan 13 06:24:34 PST 2011

Hello,

I want to print a PDF using CUPS.
I use cups-1.3.7 on a CentOS 5 linux system.

my printers are:
Ricoh Aficio 3500
TSC TTP-245C (label printer)
Epson TM-T88V (receipt printer)

the command I use to start the print in Linux is:
lpd -P printerqueue somepdf.pdf

It happens that on all printers every print is about 3mm more on the right than if I print the same PDF in Windows. While for a normal page size (e.g. A4) this is not really a problem, but it is a problem when it comes to print labels or receipts (as space is limited and it cuts of some characters on the right).

Is there a cups setting to change the position where it starts to print? Or can I change an option in the PPD files (which option)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Regards,
Benedikt