Print Stop Printing After Power Off

labzilla labzilla at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 10:03:42 PST 2011

I have a HP P1005 that is connected to my Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS, printing via Foomatic/foo2xqx.

Everything works great until a job is submitted to the printer while the printer is powered off.  After the printer is powered back on, nothing will print.  According to lpq and the cups logs, documents were submitted to the printer successfully.  I've restarted the daemon, enabled the queue, removed, and re-built the queue, and still no output.  The only way I'm able to print again to this printer is by plugging it into a Window box and printing from there.  After I've printed from Windows, I can continue to print from Linux.

I've read that if the printer is powered off, the queue gets disabled.  I've tried lpadmin -p HP_LaserJet_P1005 -E -v beh:/1/0/30/usb://HP/LaserJet%20P1005 but this stops printing completely.