[cups.general] Enforcing duplexing in server hosted IPP queues

Jose Hales-Garcia jose.halesgarcia at stat.ucla.edu
Fri Jan 14 15:49:20 PST 2011

On Jan 14, 2011, at 10:53 AM, Michael Sweet wrote:

> Yeah, you basically are not going to be able to do this easily. Try running (on the server):
>
>     lpadmin -p printer -o Duplex=DuplexNoTumble
>
> That will change the PPD on the server, and *may* get the clients updated (but no promises...)

Thanks for the tip but this didn't work.

By the way, lpoptions on the client works but only when printing from the terminal.  We print through the OS X apps so this method won't work for us.

> FWIW, using LPD is a really bad idea - you lose all accounting and there are often side-effects with common drivers

Do I need to write a backend filter to get this working using IPP?  If it's doable, I'll have a look at the documentation.

Jose
Jose Hales-Garcia
UCLA Department of Statistics