How do I publish a printer

Axel Andress axel.andress at onlinehome.de
Sun Jan 16 00:00:48 PST 2011

Hello everybody,
I am configuring a server with SuSE-Linux 11.2 to be used as as a server in an Apple Network.
File sharing via AFP oder netatalk is working fine.
But: The printer directly connected via USB to the server seems not to be published. The printer is a HP PSC. It prints perfectly from the server directly, but my Apple G3 with OS 9.2 does not show me the printer.
Is this an error while configuring cups or papd or is my G3 with OS 9.2 simply not ready to work accordingly?

With regards
Axel Andress