[cups.general] CUPS pauses between jobs

Michael Liebl michael.liebl.antispam at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 18 08:39:12 PST 2011

Hello!

I have this behaviour:

When printing 1 printjob with ie. 20 pages to the printer, all pages
are printed fast in one go.
But if I print 20 printjobs with only 1 page, cups pauses approximately
4 seconds between this jobs.

My environment:
CUPS 1.3.7 on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS x86 with a Lexmark T644 Network printer.
I tested Jetdirect and IPP printing, with no difference.
Using the RAW queue and the Windows driver from a Windows client via
Samba. Changing from Samba to direct IPP also makes no difference.
Only if I print directly to the printer via IP, it works really fast
without any pause between printjobs.

How can I speed up printing multiple print jobs?

Any suggestions to speed up this?

TIA!

--
    <) .--.