add printer hangs with looking for printers

Chris Hasler chrishasler at alliantenergy.com
Tue Jan 18 14:35:29 PST 2011

I have this same issue.  I have installed CUPS 1.4.6 on an Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5 server.  When I attempt to add a printer the Add Printer page is displayed with the busy indicator spinning next to "Looking for printers...".

At the top left side of the page above the tool bar is the following:
--CUPS-MULTIPART Content-Type: text/html;charset=utf-8

I was at version 1.3.7 of cups and I could add a printer just fine prior to the upgrade.

Can anyone say what is the last version that the Add Printer function worked?

Thanks,
Chris H.