Broken printout with bunch of vertical lines

Jan 012 at op.pl
Sat Jan 22 14:11:14 PST 2011

Hi All,

I was using happily Brother DCP7030 printer with CUPS on Ubuntu 10.04 for several months with no issues at all however recently I've started having problems with printing anything which is even a bit complex ( like 2 pages pdf, jpg file, etc..., simple gedit files are fine) - after printing properly up to one page the printer is producing one page with random length of proper output and then bunch of dense vertical lines, then it is "printing" unlimited number of blank pages until I will force it to stop. Any ideas ?

Ps. The printer itself seems to be fine - printing perfectly when connected to windows or other ubuntu machine configured exactly the same way like the one affected. Removing CUPS and installing it from scratch didn't help. ...please help!

Thanks!