[cups.general] poster/tiled printing in MacOSX 10.6 - how to enable?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Sun Jan 23 20:12:18 PST 2011

Mac OS X does not support poster printing all by itself. There are several third-party applications that allow you to do this, however...

On Jan 23, 2011, at 7:48 AM, Bill Kalarness wrote:

> Does anyone know how I could enable poster printing (sometimes also called Tiled printing) in MacOS X 10.6?
>
> I recently bought a Canon printer and do not see any poster printing options... this is where the image is printed across multiple sheets of paper, and these are then assembled to create the final image.
>
> According to Canon support - their driver does have this functionality, but it is not visible because Apple does not provide this capability to users.

That is a bogus response - Canon provides their own driver UI which is shown in the print dialog. If they don't expose this driver feature in their UI, it is their own fault and not a limitation of CUPS or Mac OS X...