Install CUPS-1.4.6 in Redhat 4.0?

dickson iswslui at ust.hk
Mon Jan 24 19:30:02 PST 2011

I use the following command to rebuild the package in Redhat ES4.0.
rpmbuild -ta cups-1.4.6-source.tar.gz --without dbus --without php

After running, the final result is as follows:
Processing files: cups-debuginfo-1.4.6-1
Provides: libcups.so.2.debug libcupscgi.so.1.debug libcupsdriver.so.1.debug libcupsimage.so.2.debug libcupsmime.so.1.debug libcupsppdc.so.1.debug
Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files /tmp/cups-root
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /etc/dbus-1/system.d/cups.conf

RPM build errors:
    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /etc/dbus-1/system.d/cups.conf

1. Do I finish the installation of the new version cups-1.4.6? Or I still need to run "xxxx" to install it?

2. If I have done the installation, there is nothing when I use "cupsctl" command.

3. I read through the documentation of this website. I still cannot find the way to install this new version. Where can I find the document about the complete steps to install it?

Thanks a lot for any help.