[cups.general] Killing stuck filters

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Jan 25 13:09:03 PST 2011

On Jan 25, 2011, at 12:07 PM, Matt L wrote:
> Is there an internal mechanism to kill hung filters?  pdftops in particular seems to have the nasty habit of getting wedged.

I am not aware of any issues in pdftops that would cause it to hang...

> I saw the JobKillDelay option, and it seems great, however the documentation leads me to believe that the job would have to be manually cancelled before it gets triggered.  Is this the correct interpretation?

Yes.

> Is there any mechanism to kill filter jobs which don't complete within a given time?

Not at this time, and we would need to be very conservative since there are many cases where a filter might be delayed due to printer errors (paper jam, etc.) or just for a long job.

Feel free to file a feature request:

    http://www.cups.org/str.php