"lpr -l" or "lpr -o raw" not work and "lpr" work

Sergio Gelli sergio at audiophoto.com.br
Wed Jan 26 15:01:55 PST 2011

> The issue is that your printer does not support printing of plain text =
> files, or at least not the character set you are using. The more general =
> purpose solution would be to use a third-party utility to generate a =
> printable file - a2ps and other similar text conversion utilities can be =
> used to print text using arbitrary character sets.

I am using this printer and this computer several years ago.

This defect appeared only after a recent upgrade of Linux.

Before the upgrade, the printer worked well and the programs that generate text files are the same.

For this reason, I do not think the problem is in printer

I try to print simple text files, and they are generated within dosemu.