[cups.general] FW: HELP

Steve Smith steve at gdesigns.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 07:13:55 PST 2011

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help with this problem.

I am running SUSE V11.3 with Samba 3.5.4_4.1_2382 SUSE_SL11.3 and CUPS 1.4

I have created a RAW CUPS queue with the SMB option of smb://lon730/970cxi
This is the name of the Windows machine and shared print queue.

My software creates print ready data and when I pause the CUPS queue the
print job shows in the CUPS queue with the correct Name and User.

When I release the CUPS queue a print job shows in the Windows print queue
and prints ok but it shows the Document name as Remote Downlevel Document
and the Owner as Guest.

I really need the correct name and owner of the print job in the Windows
print queue.

Using a CUPS queue with LPD I get the correct information displayed on the
Windows print queue.

Steve Smith - GEO Designs Limited