[cups.development] CUPS Print Self Test Page does not workfornon-Postscript printers

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 12:02:39 PST 2011

On 01/12/2011 05:49 PM, Michael Sweet wrote:
> Sadly, the documentation change (and any driver interface changes) won't affect this problem since cupsd a) doesn't use the driver type and b) has no way to differentiate between a PostScript printer driver that has a filter for application/vnd.cups-postscript and a wrapper driver like Foomatic that has a filter for application/vnd.cups-postscript.
>
> Short of special-casing Foomatic (which we won't do),

It will not only help Foomatic, other driver packages contain also
filters which turn PostScript directly to a non-PostScript PDL. SpliX
has a "pstoqpdl" filter and Ghostscript comes with a "pstopxl" filter.
The PPDs of all these filters will need the '*cupsCommands: ""' line.

Thanks in advance for adding this extension.

    Till