[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3779: Convert prints on local machine instead of sending everything to server and converting there

Tom idefy at web.de
Mon Jan 24 08:42:09 PST 2011

[STR New]

I got a printerserver which runs cups over samba and Im having serious
problems, when people try to print from anything other than Windows. It
seems Windows converts the printed files first and then sends them to the
server which can instantly print it out on the attached printer. If i
print anything other than PDF from my Linux/MacOS machines the printer
starts getting extremely slow (printing 1 site in 30secs instead of 1) and
making it unusable for everyone else.

This is a design problem and it causes my printer to not work properly if
used with anything other than windows.

If anyone knows how i can force cups to convert it locally Id be glad to
hear

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3779
Version:  -feature