Error messages on printer proxy for OSX 10.6

keens312 keens312 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 01:36:59 PST 2011

Hello,

In our port monitor, we send "ERROR: Paper Out" to stderr on receiving specific code from backchannel.

It works great on OSX 10.5.

On OSX 10.6 (we tried 10.6.2 and 10.6.6), the error message can be displayed by the messages with ERROR prefix we sent, but the message on the printer proxy cannot be changed anymore after then.

Anyone have suggestions? Does CUPS 1.4.6 not support "ERROR: message" anymore?
What's the correct way to show status message then?

Thanks
Keene