Report of Native Avahi support

Hiroshi TAKENAKA hiro-takenaka_50 at gem.hi-ho.ne.jp
Thu Jan 27 01:45:52 PST 2011

Hello,

> I was advised in gimp-print devel forum that I had forgot to build
> Ghostscript in /usr/local directories, resulting in no pstoraster
> which works with cups.
>
> I've built it and the CUPS seems successfully to print. Indeed, priter
> received data from the Linux machine and CUPS reports data is sent to
> printer successfully.
>
> However, after receiving the data, the printer would not print any documents.
> The error log is as follws.
> Through printer sharing on Mac OSX, I can print any documents form the Linux
> machine.
>
> Best regards,
> Hiroshi Takenaka

The print failure I reported above was due to a bug of gutenprint.
I was advised in gutenprint developer ML that I should use 300*300 DPI mode.
And I successfully print a page. 600*600 DPI mode does not works now.
There seem other bugs in CVS gutenprint. I'll report them one by one to the ML.

Best regards,
Hiroshi Taknaka