Cups 1.3.7 and Sieko SLP450 Label Printers

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Wed Jul 6 12:59:34 PDT 2011

Scott Hallenbeck wrote:

[...]
> Ok, turning off the error reporting in the script worked fine.  Only issue
> I have now is that the fonts are not correct, and need to be fixed.
>
> Tried and tried to get the 'xpdfrc' file fix that you recommended to work,
> but it seems no matter where I put it, it has no effect.  I put it in
> /root/.xpdfrc, /etc/xpdfrc and /etc/xpdf/xpdfrc (according to RHEL
> documentation which is apparently incorrect anyway) and it has no effect.
>
> I looked at the alternate pdftops script you directed me to, but was
> unsure just what to do with the file, and since it's a live production
> server I am not into experimenting to figure it out.  And since it seems,
> from what I can tell, it would be a global wide change, I wasn't sure what
> other implications it might have.
>
> I feel I am close as the labels do print, but the fonts are not correct,
> so if I can figure that part out, I will have it.
>
> Scott

As for the fonts, there is nearly nothing what can be done but installing
all the needed fonts, as obviously the needed fonts are not embedded
in the PDFs you print.

See if you have a utility named pdffonts; if yes, run
pdffonts your_pdf_file
and post the output.
If not, send me a sample PDF.
Maybe I can give you some hints where to get the fonts and how to make
Ghostscript find them.

Helge