Realtime Printing / cups.h

Zubair Lutfullah zubair.lutfullah at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 05:53:18 PDT 2011

Q1) I'm trying to install a printer driver manually as Ubuntu doesn't have it.
The make gives an error cannot find
cups/cups.h
And i searched manually as well. Cant find it in /usr/include/

I'm pretty sure I'm missing some basic step. Please guide me.

Q2) I can use gnuplot to make graphs in pieces.
    These segments of postscript files need to be perfectly aligned on the same page.

Any idea as to how i should proceed?

Main purpose: I'm trying to print a graph in real-time.
I use gnuplot to make a 1 second chunk of a plot. Then need to use cups
to send a job to the printer. During the time the printer is printing. Another one second chunk will be ready.

Main control is using a Qt application. but i can script it as well if i want.

Paper type = roll.
Printer = thermal. PocketJet3 Plus. Drivers given by manufacturer.