[cups.general] driver selection for epson stylus cx6600

Matthew Monaco matt at 0x01b.net
Sun Jul 24 16:29:22 PDT 2011

I've always been confused about which driver to choose for my Epson Stylus
CX6600. When adding the printer I'm usually presented with (excluding the
simplified versions):

Epson Stylus CX6600 Foomatic/gutenprint-ijs (currently v5.2)
Epson Stylus CX6600 CUPS+Gutenprint (currently v5.2.7)

furthermore, there are usually multiple copies for the CUPS+Gutenprint driver.

What's the difference here? Is this the correct place to ask?