Some of the buttons are not working in cups web interface

Rituparna Bhattacharya rit_netsys at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jul 26 05:38:28 PDT 2011

I have installed cups 1.3.9 over OpenSuse11 x86. Please check below -

cups:/usr/share/cups/banners # cups-config --version
1.3.9
cups:/usr/share/cups/banners # cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.27.7-9-pae (geeko at buildhost) (gcc version 4.3.2 [gcc-4_3-branch revision 141291] (SUSE Linux) ) #1 SMP 2008-12-04 18:10:04 +0100

I have added few printers over there and everything is working fine. I can also able to add - delete - modify any printers from "yast2 printer" command. I can also able to browse cups web interface via http://cups:631, but when I am going to manage the printers (start - stop - delete etc), none of the buttons are working in firefox5 not even in IE also. Older version of firefox is giving error as "This address uses a network port which is normally used for purposes other than Web browsing. Firefox has canceled the request for your protection." All other buttons are working properly.

Can anyone please help me out to resolve the issue? If any log or anything needed, I will provide the details.