Cups drivers for Windows x64

Kent Busbee kbusbee at northlakechristian.org
Tue Jul 26 08:14:48 PDT 2011

I have attempted to install cups drivers for Windows x64 because the coming wave of this OS (Win7-64) is inevitable.  I used this how-to (nice): http://blog.encomiabile.it/2010/02/17/samba-cups-and-windows-32-64-bit-drivers
however I cannot get it to work.  The drivers install and download but windows always complains cannot find a driver for fooprinter. I have attempted to upload drivers from windows, but cannot find a PS driver to upload.  It does not seem to be in MS Win7.

The Printer I am testing with is HP CP3525dn.  It worked with W32X86.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  If I can't get this to work, I am going to have to go back to MS (boo!).