Requirements for Generic Postscript printing

Logan Anteau logan.anteau at eng.utoledo.edu
Tue Jul 26 11:39:10 PDT 2011

I am in the process of setting up a print server on Solaris 10 to print to our HP LaserJets and Color LaserJets. I have to compile everything by hand. I want to use just the PostScript driver from http://www.openprinting.org/driver/Postscript because I think it will do everything we need. I have CUPS compiled and running currently. That PostScript driver does not seem to work because I do not have the foomatic-rip filter. So it appears that I need to compile the foomatic-filters package. Now I'm wondering, do I need to compile anything else?

Thanks