[cups.general] How to determine the printer driver being used on ubuntu

Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DS CD) Martin.Schuster1 at infineon.com
Thu Jul 28 00:21:19 PDT 2011

On 2011-07-27 17:55, Tim Johnson wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I need to determine what printer driver is currently being used by
> the printer that I have connected to my computer.
>
> How can I get this information?

/etc/cupd/ppd/[printername].ppd
is the PPD-file. This should be enough for a Postscript-printer.

Other printers will have some 'cupsFilter' lines in there, that
point to filters that are used to generate whatever your printer
needs.

cheers,
Infineon Technologies IT-Services GmbH   Martin.Schuster1 at infineon.com
Lakeside B05, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria   Martin Schuster
         FB: LG Klagenfurt, FN 246787y   +43 5 1777 3517