Landscape printing

Ray Stacey ray.stacey at cgi.com
Thu Jul 28 10:40:37 PDT 2011

> Ray Stacey wrote:
>
> > We are running cups 1.4.7 on Solaris 10. I'm trying to print a postscript
> > file from our application using the command lp -o landscape -o
> > PageSize=Legal -d treekill2 INV-R200.r01.17206.ps.
> >
> > The file prints on legal paper, however the first page is landscape and
> > each subsequent page is rotated 90 degrees. So the first page is fine, the
> > 5th page is fine, the 9th page is fine ....
> >
> > Any ideas??
>
> What make and model is the printer?
> How is it configured?
> is there a *cupsFilter line in the printer's PPD?
> is there a *LandscapeOrientation: xxxx
> where xxxx is either Plus90 or Minus90 in the PPD?
>
> Helge

It's an HP 8100. It is configured using the ppd file from the cups website. THere is no *cupsFilter and LandscapeOrientation is Plus90.

I tried the same command with a generic postscript sample file and I'm not seeing the rotation problem. That means there is something wrong with the postscript output from our application. No idea what it could be, I don't know postscript language at all.