no pages found: whimsical errors with a binary driver working well on other cups systems

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 02:49:32 PDT 2011

> >> Please post (an URL to) a sample file and the portion of the error_log
> >> containing the messages related to the sample job for further
> >> examination.
> >>
> >> Helge
> >>

> >   I have now uploaded the collected debug & logfiles at
> >   http://elstel.binhoster.com/postedfiles/brother_mfc-9840cdw_cups/.
>
> I suspect from looking into your files that the cause is the fact that the
> needed fonts could not be embedded. The error_log shows:
>
> [Job 39] Unable to open font file "/usr/share/cups/fonts/Monospace" - No such file or directory
>
> etc. for all the fonts needed for the testpage. As these fonts, I suppose, are not
> installed in the printer's ROM, the missing fonts clearly lead to a PostScript error.
> This seems to be backed by the message
>
> [Job 39] Error: error occurred at print phase !!
>
> wich comes, as I can see, from the Brother filter.
>
> So look for the Monospace font family and install it properly.
>
> Helge

  The Monospace fonts are installed, the given error messages have gone, but however the 'No pages found' error still persists perhaps now occurring a little bit later. Again I have posted all the new log files at http://elstel.org/postedfiles/brother_mfc_9840cdw_cups/ but however could not find a possible cause of this error. The given jobs will have started at 10:25:31 and finished at 10:25:33 so that the only log file containing datas about the failed test-page-printout should be error_log.

Good Thanks for Your Support,
Elmar

(p.s.: cc listing estellnb at gmail.com will save me from polling cups.org/newsgroups)