no pages found: whimsical errors with a binary driver working well on other cups systems

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 03:35:57 PDT 2011

> > >   I have now uploaded the collected debug & logfiles at
> > >   http://elstel.binhoster.com/postedfiles/brother_mfc-9840cdw_cups/.
> >
> > I suspect from looking into your files that the cause is the fact that the
> > needed fonts could not be embedded. The error_log shows:
> >
> > [Job 39] Unable to open font file "/usr/share/cups/fonts/Monospace" - No such file or directory
> >
> > etc. for all the fonts needed for the testpage. As these fonts, I suppose, are not
> > installed in the printer's ROM, the missing fonts clearly lead to a PostScript error.
> > This seems to be backed by the message
> >
> > [Job 39] Error: error occurred at print phase !!
> >
> > wich comes, as I can see, from the Brother filter.
> >
> > So look for the Monospace font family and install it properly.
> >
> > Helge
> >

>   The Monospace fonts are installed, the given error messages have gone, but however the 'No pages found' error still persists perhaps now occurring a little bit later. Again I have posted all the new log files at http://elstel.org/postedfiles/brother_mfc_9840cdw_cups/ but however could not find a possible cause of this error. The given jobs will have started at 10:25:31 and finished at 10:25:33 so that the only log file containing datas about the failed test-page-printout should be error_log.
>
> Good Thanks for Your Support,
> Elmar

  Helge, can you help me? Again I have looked at the logfiles and also asked at irc:##cups but could neithertimes find the error. Post-installing the Monospace fonts could have been a good hint either but actually did not resolve the 'no pages found' error as the same problem had already existed when printing the test page with the generic postscript printer which was known to work.

Best Recommendations,
Elmar