page position problem

Philipp Westphal ph.westphal at arcor.de
Sun Jul 31 14:12:09 PDT 2011

Helo, I have just set up cupson my OpenBSD box, so faar everything worked correct. But after configuring the printer (HP LaserJet 4 PLus) ans printing the testpage i get a strage result.

The result is a moved page:
----> the lower left corner moved about 5.6 to the left and 1.1 cm up.
----> the printed area is only 10 cm in X size

--------------------------
|    |                   |
|    |                   |
|    |   Actualy         |
|    |    printed        |
|    |       .           |
|    |       .           |
|    |       .           |
|    |       .           |
|    |       .           |
|    |    area           |
|    |                   |
|    |<------------>|    |
|                        |
--------------------------

so i get two pages  wich each contain the half of the printd page (for example the testpage) but without the header lines, as shown above.

so i think i just need to adjust the 0/0-Point smehow. The  same Printer works under the same machine using LPD and APSFILTER.

SETUP:
 OS: OpenBSD 5.0 beta (currentt) GENERIC kernel
 Printer: HP Laserjet 4 Plus
 Connection: LPT
 Paper: A4, Portrait
 Cups: 1.4
 i tried generic pcl ppd provided by the package and the hplip version
 but i got the same result.

With regards Philipp