My Backend does not display when i run lpinfo -v

Patrice toussaint15 at yahoo.fr
Sat Jul 23 06:14:49 PDT 2011

Hello all

I wrote a simple socket Backend file for my own printing and store it in the directory /usr/lib/cups/backend/mysocket. The permission of the file is the same as others (-rwxr-xr-x) but when I run lpinfo -v to see all the available backends my backend does not display. I really don't know where I went wrong. Does anyone have any suggestion of why my socket doesn't display? I will appreciate any suggestion.

Regards,
Patrice