[cups.development] My Backend does not display when i runlpinfo-v

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Jul 28 02:43:09 PDT 2011

Hello,

On Jul 28 02:27 Patrice wrote (excerpt):
> I made my script executable by just using
> the chmod +x /usr/lib/cups/backend/mysocket

I don't know about possible peculiarities or differences in Ubuntu.

Do you just use the usual permissions "rwxr-xr-x root root"
as described in
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Using_Your_Own_Backends_to_Print_with_CUPS

Bash scripts must be executable plus readable
so that the bash (interpreter) can read the script.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner