[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3908: Not able to compile CUPS 1.4.8 on Solaris 10

Alvin Trinh alvin.trinh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 11:52:01 PDT 2011

[STR New]

I'm not able to compile CUPS 1.4.8 on Solaris 10.  I'm able to compile CUPS
1.4.5.  I ran "./configure --disable-gssapi"  and commented out the
following entries in the config.h file
#define HAVE_STATFS 1
#define HAVE_STATVFS 1

And removed the "-lnsl" in the Makedefs file then ran make.  But getting
the following errors with make.

ar: writing libcupscgi.a
Linking libcupscgi.so.1...
Compiling websearch.c...
Linking websearch...
gethostbyname                       ../cups/libcups.a(http-addr.o)
(symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to websearch
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [websearch] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3908