lost tray selection ability

Jeff jeffroberts at telus.net
Thu Jun 2 11:07:26 PDT 2011

I'm building a new print server with CUPS 1.4, the old one was 1.3. I have an HPIIID printer with an envelope feeder and two trays. I use the top try for general printing, it has white paper 8.5X11. I have our company cheques loaded into try two (lower) for the accounting software.

I create a series of printers all aimed at the same socket.

Simplex uses tray 1 and does not duplex the sheet. (faster single sheet feed)

Duplex uses tray 1 and duplexes the sheet

Cheques "should" use tray 2. (only for the accounting software.)

Envelope "should" use the #10 envelope feeder and does not duplex.

The trouble is that since upgrading to CUPS 1.4 this is now broken. All printing comes from the top tray no matter what is specified in the ppd file.

I'm still using the same albeit updated HP Laserjet Series PCL 4/5 driver and the application/vnd.cups-raster 50 rastertohp filter.

All ideas would be appreciated.

JayArr