lost tray selection ability

Paul paul.conklin at cerner.com
Fri Jun 3 11:23:30 PDT 2011

> Paul wrote:
>
> > Well, this may take me a little longer to test...
> >
> > with 1.4.6 the mime.types and mime.convs appear to have moved, but when I
> > found them, i don't see an issue.  whenever I lp any type of file (text or
> > postscript) it says unsupported format.  looking through the PPD and
> > mime.convs file, I see a path to get there, but i can't figure out why it
> > isn't getting there.  we're mostly a RAW shop but I'll keep playing with
> > it and let you know.
> >

> As the final content type requested by the filter specified in the printer's
> PPD (rastertohp), there must be a filter pstoraster (or gstoraster)
> installed. These filters are part of Ghostscript and get only installed if
> Ghostscript has been compiled with the cups device included.
> Missing these filters causes the unsupported format message.
> (I remember there is a RFE for cupsd to tell missing filters in cases like
> this, but this has been postponed to a future release).
>
> Helge

At the risk of sounding stupid here (*NOTE* my expertise is more around Printer communications / hardware as well as software / script design, not compiling) I'm not finding any doc on how to compile GhostScript with the cups device included.  I found the chunk of code in the devs.mak file for CUPS, but not seeing how to "turn it on"  can you point me in the right direction at all?  I've googled, looked on cups.org, GhostScripts Site and came up empty.