lost tray selection ability

Jeff jeffroberts at telus.net
Mon Jun 6 23:45:47 PDT 2011

> Looking into the sources of both Ghostscript's cups device (gs 8.64, 8.71,
> 9.01) and CUPS' rastertohp (1.3.5, 1.4.5) filter gave no hints to the cause
> of th issue.
> So I'd suggest to set up a "printer" using the file device and otherwise set
> up identical to the printer in question, switch the cups logging to debug,
> print a sample exhibiting the issue, and then post (an URL to)
> - the source file
> - the PPD used
> - the portion of the error_log containing the messages of the respective job
> - the output file.
>
> Helge

I'm a little lost on how to do "this":

"set up a "printer" using the file device and otherwise set up identical to the printer in question,"

Here are my choices for 'add printer'

Add Printer
Local Printers: 	SCSI Printer
Serial Port #1
Discovered Network Printers: 	Photosmart 3200 series [41E83A] (HP HP Photosmart 3200 series)
Other Network Printers: 	Internet Printing Protocol (ipp)
AppSocket/HP JetDirect
LPD/LPR Host or Printer
Internet Printing Protocol (http)
Internet Printing Protocol (https)
Backend Error Handler

is it that last one you want me to use? Backend Error Handler?