[cups.general] Bad device-uri scheme

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Wed Jun 8 12:41:53 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Paul <paul.conklin at cerner.com> wrote:
> ok...
> if you set the device on the windows side (i'm assuming your LPD service is windows) to not spool and pause the the queue, do you see it pending?

I do not think there is anything wrong on the server side of the
company, let it be windows, linux or anything. It worked just fine
previously somehow and it now stopped functioning. The bytes of the
test paper, image are sent out to the printer really slowly. Other
than that, I am not sure how to debug what is going on. There is no
--debug/--verbose option if I am not mistaken and there is no proper
and talkative error message in the {access,error}.log either.

I am a bit desperate since everything seems just fine, the data is
sent properly according to the "lpstat -p -d" output, but nothing
comes out of the printer. I did try the functionality out with more
printers inside the company, but the phone has never worked properly.
It is a bit the opposite of the printing from the host PC, operating
system because that never caused any issue.

It is a large company, what I cannot do is that to poke the server
administrators all the time and I am pretty sure there is no problem
over there. :)

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp