image printing from command line problem

Francisco imprentabsas at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 15 06:31:16 PDT 2011

Hi,
Text printing from command line work ok
When i print an images whit "lp image" the image (generaly) print ok
But if i want to use some options like "-o scaling=100" or i change "media=legal", most of the times it just prints white pages
In some images i can t print in another media, in some i can t scale, etc... it s just so unstable for me. I even tryed diferent printers, but i get the same results. I think it depends on the file, because when i try whit a little image i have no problem.
I work whit images of 300dpi, 4016x2598dpi
when i print whit "lp image" i can print it, but verrrrry large (4/6 pages) but the same image from any image manipulation program (i use inkscape) just fit in one page.
GNU/Linux Debian Squeeze, CUPS 1.4.4
pd: anyone know a python module to print in cups?