Centos 5.5 and CUPS 1.3.7

Scott Hallenbeck 7h33y3 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:38:45 PDT 2011

I have noticed a lot of issues in CUPS 1.3.7 communicating with HP P3005 printers, causing the printer to enter and error state and reflect a 40.4C02 on the screen.  This seems to happen frequently with the only way to circumvent this is to clear the offending job, and power cycle the printer.

We also have a CUPS 1.1.22rc1 print server that does not create this issue, so it seems to be isolated to 1.3.7 and or the drivers we are using in 1.3.7.

I am told it happens to p3005 printers that have not had a firmware update.
Has anyone else seen this issue?

Is this something a correct PPD file can overcome?
Any recommendations?

thank you,

Scott